Eve Morgenstern was born on Long Island and raised in Brooklyn, NY. She received an MFA in Photography from the San Francisco Art Institute and a BA in Art History from Vassar College. She is a photographer and documentary filmmaker whose work addresses themes of home, architecture and the environment.
Her documentary film, Cheshire, Ohio about the buyout of an entire town by a coal fired polluting power plant has been awarded grants from Chicken and Egg Pictures, The New York State Council on the Arts, The Anthony Radziwill Documentary Fund, The George Gund Foundation, The Park Foundation, nextPix/firstPix and The Playboy Foundation. The film has screened in festivals in the US, Canada and Asia and won first place documentary feature at the Knoxville Film Festival, the Free Press Award at The Columbus International Film and Video Festival, and the Special Jury Award at The Frozen River Film Festival.
Her photographic project Facades of Crises had its solo show Museum premiere at Bildmuseet in Umeå, Sweden. The project was also exhibited at the Midwest Center for Photography and selections were published in a special Le Monde magazine issue on America during the Obama administration.
Eve has been awarded artist residencies at The Lower Manhattan Cultural Council and The MacDowell Colony.
- 2016 - 2019 Cheshire, Ohio, First Place Documentary Feature Film, Knoxville Film Festival; Special Jury Award, Frozen River Film Festival; Free Press Award, Columbus International Film and Video Festival. Screenings at Planet in Focus, Toronto, Green Film Festival, Seoul, South Korea, San Francisco Green Film Festival, Fingerlakes Environmental Film Festival, Cleveland International Film Festival, Sustainability Film Series, Athens Ohio, Green Lens Film Series, DeKalb, Illinois, West Virginia International Film Festival, Movies that Matter, Distribution: Bullfrog Films (link).
- 2014 George Gund Foundation Award for Film/Video (link)
- 2013 Solo Museum Exhibition "Facades of Crises" Bildmuseet, Sweden (link)
- 2013 polis: Abandoned Homes (link)
- 2013 polis: Scenes from an American Nightmare (link)
- 2012 Chicken and Egg Pictures (link)
- 2012 I Believe in You Grant Chicken and Egg Pictures (link)
- 2010/11 LMCC WORKSPACE Artist Residency Award (link) Accepted to Marie Walsh Sharpe residency the same season 2010/11
- 2011 What Came First Environmental Film Fund Award, Chicken and Egg Pictures (link)
- 2009 MacDowell Colony residency (link)
- 2009 New York State Council on the Arts Individual Artist Award/Film Video (link)
- 2008 NextPix/FirstPix grant for video (link)
- 2008 Finalist, Headlands Graduate Award
- 2008 Finalist, Ella King Torrey Award
- 2007 Park Foundation Award for documentary video
- 2007 Paul Sack Building Award, 1st place color photography
- 2005 New York State Council on the Arts Individual Artist grant
- 2005 Anthony Radziwill Documentary Fund Award for film/video
- 2002 New York Council for the Humanities/NEH project award